Monday, August 2, 2010

Countdown 2 BlogHer 10'

Someone thought it would be "no probs", "fun", and "no biggie", when she booked a family vacation days before attending her first BlogHer conference. She either a). works well under stress b.) has no brain cells, c). writing on this computer at this very moment, thinking of the million things she has to do before she hits the streets of NY, and instead is stuck in a hotel room in PA about to go to Sesame Place (insert eye roll)...again. D) little of all of the above.

What the hell was I thinking? Sesame. BlogHer. Back to back?

Here I am waiting for Addison to wake up from her morning nap to whisk the family off to more Elmo, more water rides, and roller coasters, and all I can think about is, "Dang I don't have a cocktail dress for that party. Better run home and get to Marshalls as soon as I can." The mind hamster is on warp speed, and at the rate I am going, I am just going to run to NYC and sleep for four days.

As we hit Monday, and I leave on a train to NYC on Thursday, and arrive home from this trip on Tuesday, here is my top 10 anxious list of count down to BlogHer 10':
  1. My business cards are lame. I home printed and designed them. I only made a bit under a 100 when 250-500 is advised, and they are on crap cardstock. Will anyone take me serious with these bad boys?
  2. My trendy outfits are little to nil. There are a few less fancy parties I am not overly concerned about, but two I really need to try and look presentable. I really want to include my Cole Haan party shoes, but they might take an entire bag up all by themselves. I keep going over my closet in my head over and over again. Which is hard to do when you are in PA and live CT, and can't see it.
  3. Will I be able to pack on the small size? Since I am traveling alone on the train which will most likely be packed with commuters, I need to go "lite". When in my life do I EVER travel "lite"? This is by far the biggest goal I have ahead of me in my near future.
  4. I am so freaking excited to meet a few bloggers that I have read for a long time. What is I get so excited I mumble words that aren't coherent and they just think I am a drunk. Or what if I say something dumb, and uncomfortable, and they think I am a stalker?
  5. Is my blog to small? Do I really deserve to be there? When going over the agenda I couldn't help but think, "am I a beginner blogger?", and is "my blog to small for some of these break out sessions?". I am not sure if I am jumping the gun by going this year, but heck it is practically being held in my backyard. And, if I want to be a bigger fish, then I have to learn to swim with them. (eek. I need Imodium just thinking about it)
  6. How are three of us lovely ladies going to shower and get ready with one bathroom on time?
  7. Of course this one is SO me: Where will we eat? Will there be some good places in the area? If not, will there be enough time to drag my roomies to places that are yummo-riffic? Food is always a priority of mine on every trip.
  8. I so look forward to making new friends. Especially ones that live somewhat near by. The hard part of new friendships are making the time, being authentic, and seeing if you jive. I imagine this will be interesting to orchestrate when there is a huge conference going on and a packed agenda.
  9. Will there be enough time to see and do all BlogHer activities without feeling totally overwhelmed and exhausted?
  10. Last but not least, what will it be like being just me? I haven't been that person in five years. I hope I don't end up a hot crying mess because I miss my fam. If I am, just hand me a glass of wine.
See you BlogHer folks in a few days! If you need some Imodium, come find me, I'm your girl!

1 comment:

Emily said...

We are going to ROCK it is Blogher! Maybe we won't look the hippest or have the slickest business cards (which btw; LOVE yours) but dang: WE WILL HAVE FUN!